20 Christmas Traditions
Christmas traditions turn into fond memories as the years pass and our children grow older. Even if you already have your own traditions, here are a few more to consider adding to your list!
- Wrap 24 Books (they don’t have to be new). Unwrap a book each night and cuddle up for a special story.
- Host a Christmas Camp Out in the living room with blankets/pillows.
- Watch the kids grow by creating a hand-print tree skirt (we suggest a white tree skirt – picture shown).
- Buy matching Christmas pajamas for the family.
- Create a Christmas Bucket List and complete one each day of December.
- Help someone in need or donate time to teach the true meaning of Christmas.
- Host a family Christmas movie night (with holiday popcorn or hot cocoa).
- Host a gingerbread house party for kids and/or adults.
- Call Santa! 951-262-3062
- Send out family Christmas cards.
- Read a different scripture each night of December leading up to Christmas.
- Make your own ornaments.
- Host a holiday cookie exchange.
- Bake your own cookies for Santa.
- Host a food drive for your community.
- Make a new photo ornament every year to see the memories!
- Instead of an Easter egg hunt, do a Candy Cane hunt!
- Make a Christmas Traditions book and keep track of your activities every year.
- Put on Christmas music and drive around looking at holiday lights (2017 Holiday Light Guides).
- Engage your family with “Christmas Conversation Cards” (Learn More).
*Christmas ideas courtesy of – https://www.frugalcouponliving.com/25-christmas-traditions/