Blueberry Tomato Caprese
Blueberry Tomato Caprese: tomatoes, blueberries, mozzarella and basil. A completely unexpected twist on classic caprese salad and totally delicious for the 4th of July.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- firm buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Wash blueberries and cherry tomatoes and drain well in a colander. Half cherry tomatoes and toss in a serving bowl with blueberries, set aside.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into ¼ or ½” slices and then cut into small stars with a cookie cutter.
- Top the tomatoes and blueberries with the star cheese.
- Tear fresh basil over-top and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.freutcake.com/in-the-kitchen/blueberry-tomato-caprese/