Butterfly Handprint Card
Courtesy of thebestideasforkids.com
These butterfly handprint cards are adorable! We love that these are made from your child’s handprint too. It adds such a nice personal touch. And they are perfect to give for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day!
There is a really cute poem you can add to it also (print off and add an insert card or hand write and include inside the card):
This isn’t just a Butterfly
As you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand
Which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of Love
Especially to say
I hope you have a very
Happy Mother’s Day
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make these butterfly handprint cards:
- Colored Cardstock
- Small Googly Eyes
- Black Fine Sharpie
- Pom Poms
- Felt or paint for decorating the wings
- Glue – we like this glue for gluing pom poms or felt as its much stronger than regular white glue
Steps to Make these Butterfly Handprint Cards
1. First fold over your card stock in half.
2. Now trace your child’s hand as shown below, so that the wrist is on the fold side (when cut out you’ll get a mirrored hand).
3. Now add an antennae and cut out your butterfly!
4. With a different colored paper, cut out a body and head and glue to the outside of the butterfly. Glue on some googly eyes.
5. Now draw on the mouth.
6. Decorate the handprint wings. We have made these cards with pom poms as shown and also with fingerprint painted spots. You could also do rhinestones, craft foam or any other craft decoration for the wings.
7. To make one for Grandma, trace out a Mom or Dad handprint to add to the back of the child’s handprint. Grandma will love to receive this card from both of you!
8. You can add the Mother’s Day handprint poem inside or simply write a nice Mother’s Day message.