Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES (VIEW VIDEO HERE)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
(OR use a boxed pancake batter)
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare Cinnamon Filling first: In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside. ( Set this aside and let it rest and set atleast 20 minutes. You want it thick, not liquidy)
- Prepare Pancake batter: In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg just until batter is moistened. (a few small lumps are fine)
- OR If using a boxed mix, prepare according to package directions.
- Prepare Cream Cheese glaze: In a medium glass or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth, then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop about 1/2 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your cinnamon filling baggie and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer pancake to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- When ready to serve, spoon warmed cream cheese glaze on top of each pancake. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of LifeattheLoftHouse.com – https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/cinnamon-roll-pancakes/