Homemade Mac & Cheese Bites
½ pound elbow macaroni
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1½ cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions and set aside.
- In a medium size pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites. Enjoy!
*Recipe courtesy of Chef in Training – https://www.chef-in-training.com/2015/05/homemade-mac-and-cheese-bites/