Low Carb Breakfast Enchilada
Cooking spray, for pan
Freshly ground black pepper
Cilantro, for serving
Chopped avocado, for serving
Pico de gallo, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a square baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until very frothy. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Make “tortillas”: In a small nonstick pan over medium heat, melt about a 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Add about 1/4 cup of egg mixture and swirl pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the middle of the eggs are set. Remove from heat and repeat, adding more butter as necessary.
- Make filling: In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. Remove bacon pieces from skillet and drain most of fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Add spinach, black beans, and cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board, lay out one egg tortilla. Top center with spinach filling and bacon, then roll up tightly. Repeat with other tortillas and filling.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce in baking pan. Add enchiladas in a single layer. Drizzle more sauce on top, then top with cheddar and Monterey Jack. Bake until cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, chopped avocado, and pico de gallo. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a57392/low-carb-breakfast-enchilada-recipe/