Melted Bead Suncatchers
- Translucent pony beads
- Metal or foil baking dishes (such as an old muffin tin or a cake pan)*
- Outdoor grill (best) or toaster oven
*After doing this several times, we’ve decided that it’s best to use older or thrift store baking dishes that you’ll dedicate to crafts.
- We started with cheap, translucent pony beads. I bought ours at our local craft store, but they are available on Amazon as well.
- Arrange the beads in a single layer in the metal baking dishes.
- Once ready to “bake” place on the grill for about 5-10 minutes, or until the beads have melted. **Melting plastic is not good to breathe so this step is best done outside.
- Once cool, invert pans and your masterpiece should pop right out!
- Drill a hole and thread with wire/string and display your art!
Crafting courtesy of: https://artfulparent.com/making-melted-bead-suncatchers/