Prime Rib with Garlic Butter
Our family made this prime rib roast last year for Christmas and it was SOOOO DELICIOUS! If you’re still looking for the perfect holiday meal to fill your family this season, take a peek at this!!
1 cup butter, softened
7 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
5-7 pounds boneless ribeye roast, trimmed
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups beef stock
Mashed potatoes, to serve
Green beans, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 500°F/260°C.
2. Mix together the butter, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined.
3. Rub the herb butter all over the rib roast, then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
4. Bake for 5 minutes per pound of meat — so a 5-pound roast would bake for 25 minutes and a 7-pound roast would bake for 35 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and let the rib roast sit in the oven for 2 hours, making sure you do not open the oven door or else the residual heat will escape.
6. Once the 2 hours are up, remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat.
7. Add the flour, whisking until there are no lumps, then add the beef stock, stirring and bringing the sauce to a boil.
8. Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.
9. Carve the prime rib into ¾-inch slices, then serve with the mashed potatoes, green beans, and sauce!