Pumpkin-Spice Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour and pie spice; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until soft enough to roll. Prepare and bake cookies as directed. Yield: 4 dozen.