Soft & Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
½ C.(1 stick) Butter, melted and cooled
½ C. Brown Sugar, packed
⅓ C. Dark Molasses
2 C. Flour
2 t. Baking Soda
1½ t. Ground Ginger
1 t. Ground Cinnamon
½ t. Ground Cloves
¼ t. Salt
¼ C. Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, and molasses. Add the egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the molasses mixture and mix until well combined. Dough will be soft.
- Divide the dough into 36 pieces ( I use a 1 T. scoop). Roll each piece into a ball and roll in the sugar until coated. Place the dough balls, 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake the cookies 8-10 minutes on the middle to upper rack. Tops should just be crackling, but not browned at all. I prefer to bake them for no more than 8 minutes. They will seem a little underdone at first, but will firm up as they sit.
- Store in an airtight container.