2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1 envelope taco seasoning mix or 2 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375° and pull out a large cookie sheet.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and lay out in the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool.
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes, while you’re working on the next step.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.)
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pull the cream cheese/crescent roll crust out of the refrigerator and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.
- You won’t completely cover the cream cheese layer with the ground beef; there’s plenty of other toppings so don’t worry.
- Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes…
- …and finally add the cheese.
- Cut into slices. You can eat it with your hands. Because it is Taco Pizza after all! 🙂
*Recipe courtesy of LivingWellMom.com – https://livingwellmom.com/2013/04/taco-pizza-recipe/